Posts Tagged ‘ABC Belarus’
Friday, October 4th, 2013
Jauhen Vas’kovich spent 10 days in a punishment cell at the beginning of August. He regularly writes and calls his mother. The prisoner prefers not to have a lawyer, because he thinks it is pointless. The next date with relatives is planned on January.
Mikalai Dziadok celebrated his 25th birthday in prison on August 23. He claims to have received many cards and letters, as well as some stationary and empty envelopes, which he values the most. Generally, his health state is OK, however, he has lost another tooth. In the beginning of September he spent 10 days in punishment cell for wearing a sports suit inside his cell.
Artsiom Prakapenka was deprived of a long-term date with parents, with had been planned for December. He could explain the reason on the phone. He feels fine and doesn’t complain about the health. Before he worked in the night shift, now – in the first shift. He also wants to attend prison classes, but the prison administration didn’t let him do it by far. His monthly ‘expences sum’ has grown from 10 to 20 euro. End of November he will have a short-term date with relatives.
Ihar Alinevich turned 30 on September, 24.
On September, 3 Aliaksandr Frantskevich was set free after 3 years of imprisonment. He claimed that his convictions haven’t changed during this time and he will continue taking part in the anarchist movement. Next 6 months he will have preventive police supervision – he can’t visit mass events, leave the place of living without permission and stay out from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. He will have to regularly check in with the police.
Source – abc-belarus.org
Friday, February 15th, 2013
325 recently received an email from London ABC who are part of organizing a tour for a member of the Belarus ABC about repression in that country. London ABC asked us to publicize their meeting in Freedom Bookshop, but instead we publish the details of the entire tour. We’ve previously reported repression and resistance news from Belarus. You can find the reports in our Belarus section.
1. London (first meeting): Friday 15th February 2013, 7pm. The Autonomy Club. Freedom Bookshop. Angel Alley. 84b Whitechapel High Street. London E1 7QX. Nearest Tube Aldgate East.
2. Brighton: Sunday 17th February. Cowley Club, London Road, Brighton. 6-8pm.
3. London (second meeting): Tuesday 19th February, 8pm. University of London SOAS, Room 116, Main Building, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG.
4. Egham: Thursday 21st February. Royal Holloway University, Room & start time TBC.
5. Cardiff: Saturday 23rd February, 6pm Wells hotel, 77 Craddock St. CF11 6EW.
6. Leeds: Sunday 24rd February. Wharf Chambers, 23 Wharf St Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 7EQ. Start time TBC.
7. Manchester: Tuesday 26th February, The Kings Arms, Salford. Time TBC.
8. Glasgow: Thursday, 28th February, Kinning Park Complex, 40 Cornwall Street, Glasgow. 7.00pm.
9. Edinburgh (probable date, TBC): Saturday 2nd March.
10. Nottingham: Tuesday 5th March. 7.30pm. The Sumac Centre, 245 Gladstone Street, Forest Fields, Nottingham, NG7 6HX.
11. Oxford: Wednesday 6th March. Albion Beatnik Bookshop, 34 Walton Street. 7.30pm.
12. Bristol: Thursday 7th of March 2013, 6.30pm. Kebele Community Co-operative, 14 Robertson Road, Easton, Bristol
For more information about the prisoners and the ABC in Belarus: http://abc-belarus.org