Posts Tagged ‘ABC London’
Tuesday, January 19th, 2016
From ABC London:
Two anti-fascist prisoners currently serving a custodial sentence in relation to a fight with the South East Alliance in London during the summer of 2014. If you would like to write to either K or D, address envelopes to one of them and send to Freedom Bookshop. They will then be forwarded on to them. Remember to include a name and address on the card/letter for the prison to accept it.
K or D,
c/o Freedom Bookshop,
84b Whitechapel High Street,
London, E1 7QX.
We at London Anti-Fascists believe history has taught us that anti-fascist action is ALWAYS self-defense. It’s in that radical tradition of confronting fascist’s and their ideas that we organise to create a space for working class organisation in order to realise a world without hunger or fear.
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
NYE Prisoner solidarity demonstration beginning at
8:00 pm Pentonville
then moves onto
9:30 pm Holloway
START ADDRESS: HMP Pentonville,Caledonian Rd, London N7 8TT
BRING NOISE MAKERS
This is also in solidarity with comrades from Greece
Comrades coming from various geographies and different paths of
struggle, yet having the same longing for the diffusion of anarchist
offensive, support the call for a Black December
Monday, September 7th, 2015
International anarchist prisoner week: London Solidarity
To mark International Anarchist prisoner week last Saturday London ABC & friends visited two prisons in north London Holloway & Pentonville.
Friday, February 15th, 2013
325 recently received an email from London ABC who are part of organizing a tour for a member of the Belarus ABC about repression in that country. London ABC asked us to publicize their meeting in Freedom Bookshop, but instead we publish the details of the entire tour. We’ve previously reported repression and resistance news from Belarus. You can find the reports in our Belarus section.
1. London (first meeting): Friday 15th February 2013, 7pm. The Autonomy Club. Freedom Bookshop. Angel Alley. 84b Whitechapel High Street. London E1 7QX. Nearest Tube Aldgate East.
2. Brighton: Sunday 17th February. Cowley Club, London Road, Brighton. 6-8pm.
3. London (second meeting): Tuesday 19th February, 8pm. University of London SOAS, Room 116, Main Building, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG.
4. Egham: Thursday 21st February. Royal Holloway University, Room & start time TBC.
5. Cardiff: Saturday 23rd February, 6pm Wells hotel, 77 Craddock St. CF11 6EW.
6. Leeds: Sunday 24rd February. Wharf Chambers, 23 Wharf St Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 7EQ. Start time TBC.
7. Manchester: Tuesday 26th February, The Kings Arms, Salford. Time TBC.
8. Glasgow: Thursday, 28th February, Kinning Park Complex, 40 Cornwall Street, Glasgow. 7.00pm.
9. Edinburgh (probable date, TBC): Saturday 2nd March.
10. Nottingham: Tuesday 5th March. 7.30pm. The Sumac Centre, 245 Gladstone Street, Forest Fields, Nottingham, NG7 6HX.
11. Oxford: Wednesday 6th March. Albion Beatnik Bookshop, 34 Walton Street. 7.30pm.
12. Bristol: Thursday 7th of March 2013, 6.30pm. Kebele Community Co-operative, 14 Robertson Road, Easton, Bristol
For more information about the prisoners and the ABC in Belarus: http://abc-belarus.org
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
From London ABC:
“New Years Eve Noise Demo
Let those inside know that they’re not forgotten
31st December 2012
7.30pm at HMP Pentonville
9.00pm at HMP&YOI Holloway
Bring noise makers!”
Wednesday, November 21st, 2012
Received from London ABC:
‘Come show solidarity with our comrades in the cold dark months of december by attending London ABC’s letter and christmas card writing day at Freedom bookshop on Sunday the december the 9th. To send our solidarity to all imprisoned comrades showing them they are not forgotten’
’1pm – 6pm’
London Anarchist Black Cross
c/o Freedom Bookshop
84b Whitechapel High Street
Friday, September 28th, 2012
325 receives and transmits:
A Prisoner Art Exhibition, collected and co-ordinated by Anarchist Black Cross (ABC) groups and allies, has now arrived at Colorama #2 (or C2), South London, as it begins a year-long tour visiting over a dozen venues across England, Wales and Ireland.
Opposite the old Colorama Cinema, C2 is fast becoming a hub of activity as residents transform the office block and ground level warehouse into an anarchist social centre, while hosting the start of the ABC art tour for approximately 10 days. It will then move onto Britain’s largest anarchist bookshop Freedom Press, in Whitechapel, before being displayed at the London Anarchist Bookfair in the University of London on October 27th.
New social space Colorama #2 hosts start of the prisoner art tour, Lancaster Street, Southwark
Featuring 32 pieces from seven current and past prisoners, including well-known artist Lucy Edkins and Phil Africa from the MOVE family, the exhibition shows the artistic talent of those behind bars, as well as highlighting the political cases of the prisoners themselves. (more…)
Saturday, May 12th, 2012
From London ABC:
Her Majesty’s Pleasure*? Stuff that!
A noise demo to show solidarity with prisoners at HMP Brixton, because frankly we don’t feel like celebrating 60 years of having a queen, especially a queen who takes pleasure from imprisoning our mates, comrades, and other fellow human beings. What kind of a sick mind takes pleasure from locking people up in prison? Prisons destroy people. They destroy familes, friendships, and communities too. Putting somebody in prison is an act of violence which contributes nothing real or positive and only brutalises those who are already struggling. (more…)