Athens: Front line view of the riot in solidarity to political prisoners on hunger strike (Greece)
On April 7, 2015 following a protest of 1.500 – 2.000 anarchists in the center of Athens, riots erupted in Exarchia to bring attention to a mass hunger strike of political prisoners taking place in Greece since March 2, 2015. At the moment (April 10) 8 anarchists still continue the hunger strike, some of them for the 40th day.
The political prisoners demand from the so-called left government of SYRIZA:
– Withdrawal of the special anti-terrorist legislation for political activists (laws 187A and 187)
– Withdrawal of the special repressive laws (“anti-hoodie” law)
– Abolition of the “C-type” prisons
– Delineation of the use and processing of DNA as legal.
– Immediate release of disabled prisoner “Savvas Xiros” (98% handicapped)
This entry was posted on Saturday, April 11th, 2015 at 12:01 pm and is filed under Direct Action.