War against ISIS/Daesh: International call for solidarity by the Women’s Freedom Assembly – KÖM (Turkey, Rojava, Syria)
We are women who have come together as the Women’s Freedom Assembly (KÖM)
in order to create a common language regarding all aspects of women’s
struggle for freedom, to intervene and collectively demonstrate presence in
all spheres of life, to be a party and take active role in the peace and
negotiation process in Turkey. At this moment,
The war in Turkey is intensifying; people, all living beings and history
is being destroyed!
As the State becomes more and more ISIS-like, the peoples’ resistance
In the Kurdish towns/provinces of Hakkari, Dargeçit, Sur, Nusaybin, Silopi
and Cizre, the State:
· Has removed all doctors’ leaves and permissions, calling all
medical equipment personnel to be prepared,
· Has emptied out student dormitories, placing security forces
within them instead of students,
· Has swiftly removed teachers from places where it has declared or
is planning to declare curfews and perpetrate massacres,
· Is currently preventing entry into and exit from these districts
by way of police and military forces,
· Is continuing an endless dispatch of military equipment,
ammunition, soldiers and police forces at the highest level possible to
these areas. What this means is more killings, greater massacres,
destruction and pain.
Since the 7th of June, indefinite and all day long curfews have been
declared 52 times in the 17 districts of 6 different provinces, where 1.3
million people live. As a result:
· More than 140 people have been killed, including 20 women and 26
· The wounded and sick have lost their lives due to the
impossibility of timely intervention, as their right to health care has
· Electrical grids and water systems have been shut down, preventing
people from meeting even very basic needs.
· GSM operators have also been rendered inaccessible, denying people
their right to communication.
· Children have been denied their right to education.
· Historic mosques, churches and residential areas within the Sur
neigbourhood, which is a world heritage site, have been damaged, bombed
from above, burned down and destroyed.
· People have been displaced, forced to migrate from their homes
· People – and especially women – have been subjected to all kinds
of insults, abuse and mistreatment.
We call all women’s organizations, human rights defenders, academics,
journalists and politicians to action in order to prevent this murderous
attempt to massacre the population in entire districts. We ask you to
support the resistance against these policies in each and every place you
are, with any and all means you have. Join us and let the Turkish state
authorities to know our demands; to lift the military curfew in Kurdish
towns, to withdraw police and military forces, to declare a cease-fire,
end the policy of isolation upon Abdullah Öcalan and to resume the peace
KÖM (Women’s Freedom Assembly)
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015 at 10:41 pm and is filed under Autonomy.