Posts Tagged ‘Avalon’
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
It seems fitting that we are releasing this issue now, in December. Following the letter from imprisoned anarchists in Greece and the call for international activity, Black December rages on, writing the memory of our fallen comrades with words, banners, stones, and fire. In that spirit, we dedicate this third issue of Wildfire to the memory of New Afrikan anarchist and Black Liberation Army combatant Kuwasi Balagoon, and earth liberationist William Avalon Rogers.
Kuwasi Balagoon was killed by medical neglect while doing a life sentence for an expropriation in which two police and one guard were killed. Kuwasi died from an AIDS-related illness on December 13, 1986. William Avalon Rogers took his own life while in jail on charges related to arsons committed by the Earth Liberation Front. He died on the winter solstice, December 21, 2005. This month will mark the ten year anniversary of Avalon’s death.
We write this not as a reminder of the risks inherent in struggle, nor to emphasize the brutality of the state. We remember Kuwasi and Avalon because their lives have created small spaces in our own lives where domination ceases and freedom blooms. We remember Kuwasi and Avalon because they have inspired us to act, in our own ways, against order. We remember Kuwasi and Avalon because we want to continue the struggles to which they gave their lives.
Most of all, we remember Kuwasi and Avalon because so many others involved in the struggles for black liberation, earth liberation, animal liberation, and anarchy remain behind bars. We intend to see all of these comrades free, and until that day, to act in solidarity with their struggles and with prison revolts wherever they happen.
Unwavering solidarity to all rebellious prisoners!
Memory is a weapon.
– “A Balanced Approach” by Lacino Hamilton
– “The Freedom Movement” by Terrence Adderly
– A letter from Casey Brezik
– “Who Should Step Down?” by Jose Villareal
– News from Alabama by anonymous
– A response to Sean Swain by Christopher Reynolds
– A response to issue #1 by Anarcho-Faheem
– A reply to Michael Kimble by Sean Swain
– “Work Strikes: A Response” by Michael Kimble
– “Buckin in the BOP” by anonymous
– Call for a Black December
– A chronology of some actions August-November 2015
Tags: Avalon, Black December, Black Liberation Army, Casey Brezik, Christopher Reynolds, Jose Villareal, Kuwasi Balagoon, Lacino Hamilton, Michael Kimble, PDF, Sean Swain, Terrence Adderly, USA, Wildfire (Prison Zine), Zine
Posted in Library
Santiago: 'Abyssal core of action' seals the locks of 19 doner meat shops in liberationist rememberance of Avalon (Chile)
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
325 receives and translates:
This day at dawn [18/9] we organized to sabotage, sealing locks with steel liquid, many branches of one of the industries with the highest presence of death in the metropolitan region; Doner meat. Local places sabotaged were the following:
General Balmaceda #231
J.J. Perez #7275
La Florida Avda.
La Florida #10301
J.P. Alessandri #2054
J.P. Alessandri #4185
Maipu 1 (Local con Mayorista)
Avda. 5 deAbril#157
Pinochet Lebrun #86
Melipilla (Local con Mayorista)
La Estrella #1035
Pte. Alto 1
Avda. Concha y Toro #480
Pte. Alto 2
Jose Luis Coo #084
Santa Rosa 1
Santa Rosa #8151
Santa Rosa 2
Santa Rosa # 8069
Alameda (Local con Mayorista)
Chacabuco #1 D
La Vega (Local con Mayorista)
Los Artesanos # 711 local 15
Pte. Alto 3
Avda. Concha y Toro # 225
Plaza Egaña (Local con Mayorista)
Gran Avenida #8522
We dedicate and remember with integrity, through this action and these words Comrade Avalon*, direct action activist of earth and animal liberation.
For now no more to say … that’s all friends.
Abyssal core of action
* Avalon, ‘William C. Rogers’, was a comrade of the Earth Liberation Front in the United States who suicided during the investigation of the FBI Operation Backfire, known as the ‘Greenscare’. Avalon made a statement of escape on the night he died, mailing it to several friends, and asphyxiated by a plastic bag over his head. He defended his choice as a return to the heart of life and death, and from where the agents of the law can never reach us. Honor and dignity to Avalon, who through his example showed courage and determination in the face of the enemy, he who refused the trial and prison process and made his choice in an impossible situation of betrayal. Let the blood shed from the snitches and the collaborators who still live, those who ratted on their comrades of the Earth Liberation Front. Fire and rage against each and every cage.
“To my friends and supporters to help them make sense of all these events that have happened so quickly: Certain human cultures have been waging war against the Earth for millennia. I chose to fight on the side of bears, mountain lions, skunks, bats, saguaros, cliff rose and all things wild. I am just the most recent casualty in that war. But tonight I have made a jail break — I am returning home, to the Earth, to the place of my origins.” Bill, 12/21/05 (winter solstice)